Saturday, June 21, 2014

Putting it all together

Now I have all the parts I ordered and the guitar itself. Plenty of things happen right now but already now I can see that this won't be so easy as I thought.
Pickguard is too small and too big. Neck pickup hole was too small, but it was also too big from the neck pocket part and also from the bridge. Knife is a great tool for this. If this was a telecaster pickguard I'd be pissed, but here it is ok.
One part I missed completely - jack plate. I didn't realise that it was missing. So I need to get one.
Closest place to get one is a really nice place called Uraltone. They have nice boutique amp kits, guitar stuff, tools, tubes and also imported cheeeeeeep guitar parts. Query for a jackplate gives me this kind of options.

Now all is set and everything is soldered. New strings and all. Sound is great. Neck sanding and jack plate is missing. Guitar is good. Tone is nice and all. Only that 5-way switch really bugs me. Its touch is too smooth and it feels like really unreliable.

Look at that beauty! Behind it lies a Fender Pawnshop '72. 102's body is so much more smaller. 

I went with the plastic Les Paul jack plate. Hole in 102s is 25mm and metal  jack was for 7/8inch hole (22.5mm). 

Guitar weighs 3.5kilos and plays really well. Now is time to trim it and record some footage with it.

Nut and switch are the weakest parts here. Guitar is really low noise on high gain and plays well both acustically and electrically. G-string pops out on lower fret bends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment